Tuesday, April 11, 2006

More Converts!

I have been attending the scrapbooking group at my church, which sounds like a perfectly normal thing to do, except that I'm not a scrapbooker. I just like to sit and talk while making jewelry, so I joined the group for good conversation more than anything. After a few months of this, a couple of the other women in the group got curious about my jewelry and asked me to bring some things for them to see. Each of them picked one bracelet to learn the technique. Lynn wanted to learn to make a memory wire bracelet/necklace set, and Emmy Lou wanted to learn how to make bead and wire dangles on a chain for a bracelet. I just got back from a very enjoyable two hours of teaching these two ladies. It was so fun to see their progress. Lynn finished her bracelet (complete with dangles on the end loops) and Emmy Lou got about five or six dangles on her bracelet (and bought wire to finish up with). This whole experience really reinforced my love of teaching jewelry making techniques. These ladies were much, much easier to work with than the sixth graders I often teach (I run my school's Jewelry Club). What fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home