Monday, June 18, 2007

Tag! I'm it....

Belinda tagged me, so apparently now I have to tell seven facts about myself (having in turn tagged seven other innocent bystanders....

Well, let's see.

1. I love fantasy. Dragons, unicorns, winged lions, all that stuff. I think it's because I find reality too restrictive. I'd rather go where my imagination can take me.

2. My Christian faith is basic to my existance. I live to serve God, because without His loving care I know I would have given up on life long ago. My relationship with God is the best and most rewarding relationship in my life.

3. I have a seventeen-year-old son who has severe bipolar disorder. He is in a residential treatment program. I can't tell you the things I have been through, fighting for Nate's life and for the services he needs. It has very much changed the person I am to go through the hell we have been through together. And after all that, I have now had to learn how to let go of him and let him begin choosing for himself, even though I have strong feelings about what I think is best for him.

4. I have an incredibly wonderful husband. After an abusive and extremely painful first marriage, I met Keith when I was a single mother trying to make it on my own. After God, he is the single best thing that has ever happened to me. I can never find enough words to talk about how much I love this wonderful, deeeply caring, supportive, patient, and spiritually deep man.

5. I like to listen to a strange combination of obscure and not-so-obscure Christian musicians with--get this--Weird Al. Yup, I'm White and Nerdy!

6. I am the Queen of ADHD. I have spent most of my adult life trying to learn to cope with my highly visual-spatial learning style and ADHD. Organization? Huh? I am usually working on at least five art projects at any given time, and that's the way I like it. Multitasking, thy name is Sarah!

7. I LOOOOOOVE! having my own little studio! At the beginning of the year, my husband suggested we clear out our three-season upstairs porch and make it into a studio for me. At first I was a little doubtful, but once we got it organized, I was in heaven! Now my studio is my retreat. Just sitting there makes me feel so good. I wish I had done this years ago!

8. I have a wonderful fifteen-year-old daughter who, while different from me in personality, is similar in terms of artistic talent. We pursue different media and have different styles, but a lot of our preferences are surprisingly similar. She is a lovely young lady, and I am proud of her!

9. Our dogs are more than just pets, they are family members. My first altered book (which I am working on now) is full of puppy pictures of Daphne, our border collie/lab mix.

10. My career (sixth grade reading and science teacher), while stressful and demanding, is very important to me. I feel that it is not just a job, but a ministry, and I try to improve my teaching every year. Sixth graders are awesome people! I really enjoy my colleagues as well.

Well, that's it for me. Hope I struck the right balance between TMI and otherwise. Hopefully my tag-ee's will soon be posting things about themselves as well. D'Oh! I went over seven, didn't I?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home