Monday, June 11, 2007

Excited by the Possibilities

I found out today that I am going to be inheriting a lot of ooooold photos and family memoribilia from my mother's parents. What timing! I can't wait to see all that wonderful old stuff and start planning on how to incorporate color reproductions into my artwork. There is some colorful history in that part of the family--a well-known hatmaker and some other artistic types. Apparently my grandmother saved just about everything.

On another note, I had a great time hand-painting some paper for collage today. I have been doing a lot of that, but this was with the new Arches rough watercolor paper I got for a steal on clearance. My watercolor swatchbook pinpointed a mix of phthalo blue and quinadorcine rose as a great combo to make a vivid purple, so I did some wet-in-wet work, did some splattering, added iridescent medium, and some embossing powder. Yum! When it dried, I thought it looked too monochrome, so I sprayed it with water and splashed on various combos of the two base colors. Then I put on some more iridescent medium combined with the colors. Then I sprayed it some more. Success! I will take a photo and post it tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home