Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Big Silver....Pear?


While I have been playing with prong setting faceted gems, I also have been contemplating my next rainbow wrap. In fact, I started one a few days ago (I believe it was Saturday). But my attention was not really on it, and I wasn't really focused on the weaving part the way I needed to be. I wasn't happy with the armature, and the bail didn't come out right. So I scrapped it. Easy enough to do with copper. I was going to take some time off of the rainbow wraps, but then yesterday I got a sudden impulse to do one in.....silver! Pretty counterintuitive, really--botch up one in copper, pull out the silver!? But I went with it, and after praying that I wouldn't mess up the beautiful sixteen gauge sterling wire, I made an armature. As usual, it had a new configuration. I didn't have enough wire for both sides of the bail, though. Since I had more of one end left than the other, and the bottom part looked somewhat like a pear, I went with the pear theme and made a leaf and a stem. There is a loop in the stem to run a chain through. No woven bail for me this time; and this time I am going to work with 26 gauge lashing wires rather than 24. Maybe the weaving will go more smoothly with a smaller gauge of wire. Stay tuned, and I'll update this blog regularly with progress photos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home