Sunday, April 30, 2006

More Playing A "Round"


My goal for today was to learn how to wrap a 6 mm CZ neatly and quickly, and to find new ways to arrange the bail wires. Overall, I am pleased with my progress. As you can see, I wrapped 3 CZ's today, and this time the backs look as neat as the fronts. Each one has a different arrangement of bail wires (though the same arrangement of basket wires, because the gems are all the same size and shape). It only took me about 35 minutes to wrap the last one, and considering that I got interrupted several times, that wasn't too bad. I have my first show of the spring/summer season next weekend, and I would like to have a bunch of these ready to go (though I will not have chains for them, unfortunately). Tomorrow I think I would like to try wrapping a marquis or a trilion shape. I owe a trillion to the kind lady who gave me the gemstone collection. Fortunately Robbie's book covers both those shapes as well, which is important because the number of wraps between each set of prongs determines the possible shapes you can make with the wrap. I may have to do some guessing because many of these stones are odd sizes. It'll be a good challenge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home