Saturday, April 22, 2006

My Third Rainbow Wrap


I've come to the conclusion that my version of the rainbow wrap will continue to be simpler than the original Natty style. In fact, they don't resemble each other all that much. That's fine by me though--the idea, of course, is to have one's own spin on any particular design. Frankly, I don't have the attention span for a Natty-style wrap, much less the technical skill to do it at this point. What I'm hoping is that as I continue to do these wraps, I will improve my skills and develop my own style to a greater degree. I'm finding I like to add curves and swirls to the wrap, many of them consisting of bare 16 gauge wire. That's the big improvement I see on this piece compared to my first. I also like the mixed gemstones (though in reality the red one is "cherry quartz" (aka fancy glass) and the brown one is "goldstone" (aka glass with copper crystal inclusions). The ocean jasper, though, is real. I would be very interested in people's perspectives on my progress in this style, so feel free to leave a comment if you will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home