Thursday, May 04, 2006

Next Step


I don't know why, but the intermediate step I tried to publish last night doesn't seem to have "taken". So you will have to bear with me a bit. As you see, I have taken the armature and added a large turquoise nugget (from a long-ago purchase of one magnificent strand at Ayla's in Evanston, IL, of which I am hoarding the last few beads). I added that tonight. Last night I did the weaving you see on the "leaf" of the pendant, which is done in 26 gauge sterling I had socked away in my wire drawer. It is capped off by two 4 mm Erinite crystals (Swarovski). I'm feeling so good about how this is coming along. I'm working on it slowly and listening to the right side of my brain, which will speak if I listen long enough and tell me how to add the next part correctly. (I know that might sound crazy, but it's really working for me). I have pulled out some gorgeous deep purple faceted amethyst, which I am thinking would be an unusual combination with turquoise but would bring drama to the well known combination of turquoise and silver. Let me know what you think about that combination, would you? I console myself by saying, if I don't like it, I can always go snip! snip!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home