Saturday, May 06, 2006


Today I spent most of the day doing my first show of the year. It was a decent enough show; I made about triple my booth fee, not too bad at all, though at times rather slow. It did give me time to work on my wrap. I added a piece of 18 gauge wire winding from the bottom towards the top and intersecting the armature wires. I made it curved to reflect the shapes inside the piece. After attaching it at the top and bottom, I decided to use the newly created space for weaving. I started at the bottom and wove upwards to where the first crescent-shaped space ended; then I wove upwards into the second, larger crescent-shaped space until I ran out of wire. Attaching a new wire, I wove this time from the top of the space downwards. I chose to do this because I have found that it is very difficult to decrease neatly when weaving but very easy tin increase neatly, so I wanted to work from the narrow to the wide. You will notice there is a gap left over on the right. I had planned to add a new amethyst piece to the area where the weaving sections met, so I left a space there. This new amethyst will visually balance the two on the left side of the piece. I'm so happy with how this is shaping up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home