Monday, May 08, 2006

Not My Day


I'm having one of those days. It's as if my creative self is suffering from allergies just like my physical self. I don't know what I want to do, and when I try something, it doesn't look like I thought it would. And yet I don't feel like giving it up and doing something else. Stubbornly, I press on. For example, I went ahead and added two faceted amethyst beads to the big pear wrap (where the gap in the weaving was). I'm not totally happy with the way the beads are lying; the rondelle is lying at an awkward angle, and you can see the bare wire between the two amethyst beads. I tried adding a series of 3 mm amethyst beads at the bottom left part of the wrap, but they wouldn't lie the way I wanted them to, and the wire pulled too much on the wire that was holding the amethyst bead (I wrapped the 24 gauge wire around the wire below the amethyst bead). So I cut the turquoise beads off. I left the amethyst on for now. I'm beginning to think I'm nearly done with this, which is a surprise to me. I want to decorate it more, but there's something in my artistic self that doesn't want me to clutter up the lines of the 16 gauge wire. I'm really frustrated. Every time I get to a certain point with one of these wraps, I get afraid to take it too far because I don't want it to be too cluttered. I guess I'm afraid I won't be able to add things in a way that enhances the design; plus I think I have a preference for simple, clean lines over complex compositions. Trying to fight my muse is a pain in the butt! Any thoughts on how to proceed? I'd be interested to know what you think.

1 Comments:

At 8:04 AM, Blogger Dianne said...

I think its a stunning piece just as it is... But you know best:):)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home