Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Stained Glass Fairy


I have not really put much of my colored pencil work on my blog, though I have done quite a bit of it lately, so I am going to start today with my newest piece. I had been doing Zentangles (having seen them on ArtTechniques), but had been doing them in colored pencil (they look very interesting on black paper, I'll have to post one of those too). Anyway, when my husband saw them, he suggested I do something that looked like stained glass. I sat down and started sketching, and this is what I came up with. I see that it has a number of design flaws, but I learned a lot from it, and I like it. I'd love to get some constructive feedback.

3 Comments:

At 2:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

she is so thin! and I love her hair! i think you and cps are definitely made for each other. just lovely!

 
At 5:32 AM, Blogger Cathie said...

Hi Sara!
I love your Zentangle, but I love your stained glass Fairy even more. She is lovely. As far as constructive criticism goes -- I can't see any flaws. The only thing I would have done differently is perhaps give parts of her richer colors. Not her wings - as they should appear transluscent -- but perhaps her hair, her dress or maybe the background, instead. She's absolutely beautiful the way she is.

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I think your fairy is beautiful. I love her eye and her hair.. she looks great ! Honestly, the only thing that kind of takes away from her is her hand(s). It is kind of out of proportion with her body and it makes you keep looking at it. I put my finger in front of her hand and it looked great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home