Thursday, September 06, 2007

Battle of the Acrylic Mediums Part 3


Finally we come to the modeling pastes. I had played with these before so wasn't surprised by the results, but wanted to include them in my test for completeness' sake. I used the same procedure as before--one palette knife of medium to two drops of Hansa Yellow paint. This time the modeling paste did not crack when it dried, which I thought was interesting. The modeling paste is grainier than the light modeling paste and somehow has more of a "stone" look where the light modeling paste has more of a "plastic" look. Both were stiff enough to hold a good line. The light modeling paste was spread-able in a thinner layer. The light modeling paste was a brighter color with the paint added, but not by much--both were quite true to color. I can foresee using both of them to create texture in my work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home