Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Success!

I have been trying to figure out gel transfers for the longest time. In retrospect, it wasn't that hard to do....but it was just real complicated to read about: inkjet vs. laser, different mediums to use, different papers to use, how long to let it dry, etc. etc. I felt overwhelmed by all the information, much of it conflicting. But I asked on my email group, NewLifeThruArt@yahoogroups.com, for someone to clarify how to do a transfer with a black and white printout from a laser printer, and Angela kindly explained it. Now I am not one who likes to try new things unless I feel I know what I am doing, but armed with her explanation printed out, I decided to give it a try using a black and white version of an ink and colored pencil drawing of a woman I did years ago. I applied the gel medium, put the printout on the substrate, burnished it, and let it dry for several hours (the hardest part). When I removed the paper afterwards, I felt like cheering as the image was revealed. It came out beautifully! It's drying now, and tomorrow I will take a photo and post it here (although it will have to be in the evening because I'm volunteering for Quest Adventures tomorrow during the day).

I'm sure almost everyone knows how to do this technique, but if someone stumbles upon this entry who needs the details to try it for themselves, all they have to do is drop me an email and I will pass the info on.

2 Comments:

At 2:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have an inkjet printer but would like to try this technique! If you would be so kind as to send it to me? Thanks in advance.

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger UpsideDownSarah said...

Please send me your email.....I tried to find it on your blog but could not....then I will be happy to send it to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home