Tuesday, July 10, 2007







Sigh....Blogger doesn't want to let me put a title on this, but the title would have been "Micro Twickie". I know that's a weird title. A little background: I am working on my first altered book, and I wanted it to be fun and full of good memories. We have a dog whose name is Daphne, but who usually gets called Twickie (don't ask). She is a wonderful dog, sweet and very therapeutic to have around because she is a good listener. Any of you who have had a really good dog know what I am talking about. Anyway, before we brought her home we went to visit her at the home of the people who owned her parents. Side note: she is not a dog from a "real" breeder; her parents were never supposed to breed. So I consider her a rescue, although that is stretching the label a little bit I guess. Anyway, we have pictures of her from when she was very small, so I decided to make a book about when she was really little, hence the title "Micro Twickie". The above pictures are of the cover and the first spread. I know they look a little scrapbooky, but I'm trying to work on that. I would be very interested in other people's observations and suggestions. BTW, the drawings were done by my teenage daughter, Tasja.








1 Comments:

At 7:19 AM, Blogger Gillian McMurray said...

I had one of those 'great' dogs but lost him in January. I have made so much art with pictures of him over the last few months. It was very therapeutic. You have a beautiful doggie, well deserving of being made into art.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home