Sunday, July 08, 2007

New ATC's




I have had a bit of a revelation. ATC's are fun! I know YOU knew that, but after creating a "monster" with my second one, I wasn't so sure. For me there's nothing like plunging ahead to get over that creative block, so I sat down Friday night with a bunch of blank cardstock ATC's and just started working. I picked two colors of acrylic paint almost at random (some kind of chocolate brown that the label had worn off of and a bright raspberry color) and started slinging paint. Then I started doing different things to different cards--a sticker here, some glass paint (sort of a butterscotch color) there, some gold leaf, and so on. Of course there was some drying time in there too. And I had to go back and glue a second ATC to the back because the cardstock should have been thicker. But still, I got over my fears and had a really good time. My daughter even wanted one of them, and she is notoriously picky about art! (And I think she picked the best of the lot....that's my girl).


1 Comments:

At 8:32 AM, Blogger Bettina Makley, aka Fairywebmother. said...

Ah, yes...a blog after my own heart! Someone willing to step out of their box and splash some color around! Nicely done!

Bettina

 

Post a Comment

<< Home