Monday, June 25, 2007

Front Cover of Collage Composition Binder




I decorated the front cover of my collage composition binder today. It turned out better than the back cover. I think the composition is somewhat more balanced. I think it is also less monochromatic than the back, and less chaotic. I would be interested in feedback about the composition because I still have a lot to learn. On another topic (I would start a new paragraph, but Blogger isn't letting me right now), I had the great good fortune to inherit a lot of family treasures, some of which I picked up this last weekend in Michigan. There were a ton of old letters, newspaper clippings, photos, and best of all, old books. The best of that bunch was a set of McGuffey's Readers from the early 1920's. They are in excellent condition. Next week I will pick up more family photos. I am very excited about all the potential these items hold for collage. Edited to add: I have finally figured out how to get rid of the dingy greyness in my photos!

3 Comments:

At 5:45 AM, Blogger Sheri said...

i saw your post at arttechniques... i like the composition book... what dont you like about it? you could add more color to fill in the white areas or add more bits and pieces to kinda frame it... but i like it!
sheri

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger aka: eye-poppers said...

I really like the colors and especially the way the color is darker right under the words. My only thought was that maybe something could be done to blend all the peices together. Maybe more color (without losing the beautiful blue).
Laura

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

hey just stopping by again to say thanx for the comment... and to say you should totally try a transfer! its fun! not as bad as you might think...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home