Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Ugh


I am slowly making my way through the Acrylic Revolution exercises with the Acrylic Artists class (see previous posts if interested). Today I decided to do the tube painting exercise....which is where you paint directly with the paint tubes. I discovered that I hate this particular method because it gives very little control of the paint. The results were patchy and irregular, which is not always a bad thing, but I found it very irritating. Needless to say I will not likely use this technique again.

2 Comments:

At 2:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is that wide stripe of paper in the middle? I don't think it terrible, but I must say it reminds me of morning breakfast.

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger UpsideDownSarah said...

The wide stripe is actually a loosely-woven metallic ribbon that I attached with gel medium. I used to like this piece, but now I am afraid it's going to have to become something else.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home